Saturday 22 January 2011

I love days like this!

It's days like today that make me really grateful that I get to do what I absolutely love all of the time.
It started last night with some late night baking, and then setting up for the Finger Crochet Hat workshop this morning. Time flew as I set up the materials, printed patterns, got other workshop samples out on show, added frosting to mini cakes, prepared tea makings and got music playing. I was excited about this workshop, because although I only have a few people at sessions at the moment, this is one of my most favourite patterns that I have written and I love to share it with others. The lovely ladies arrived and before I knew it we were chatting, crocheting, eating cake and time was up already. The ladies were excellent crocheteers and I look forward to seeing them again soon.
Here is the detail at the back of Jayne's beret

I love the social aspect to workshops - I am a really chatty person and I love getting to know people and letting them get to know me. Some may find this approach too informal, but I think a friendly, informal atmosphere goes hand in hand with crafting.
Some of the yummy mini cupcakes we had today, with chocolate cream frosting

The day was rounded off with a wonderful takeaway from our favourite restaurant and I'm now enjoying a glass of wine while I crochet into the night.
Have I mentioned, I love my job! :)

No comments: